Provides key business information and analysis to business to enable expense, headcount and volumetric targets to be achieved and maintained. Monitors general ledger entries and processing streams to ensure the reliability of general ledger information Prepares and analyzes financial performance reports. Collaborates with department leaders in the development of capital, expense and personnel plans for forecasting and budgeting. Provides expertise on how to use financial data, the application of accounting guidelines, standards, procedures and policies. Ensures accounting practices are applied to analysis in an ethical and effective manner. Works with moderate work direction and is skilled and knowledgeable to the position.
This position would be typically described as Senior Accountant, who, on top of level 1 is, for example, responsible for posting complex accounting entries, reconciling complex accounts, etc.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
GAAP, analytical skills, accounting experience, MS Excel, financial systems
• Chartered Accountant (in possible)
• Accounting or Financial Analytical skills, MBA is an advantage
• Preference for experience with any of the big 4 accounting firms
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Previous Oil and Gas industry experience is an Advantage
• Excellent interpersonal and coordination skills