Provide the engineering planning, design, surveillance, and follow-up required for the safe and efficient drilling and completing of drilling programs.
Ensure well objectives are met while assuring the highest standards of engineering integrity, safety, and environmental protection are applied.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to all Level 1 tasks, a Level 2 will:
• Generate and evaluate well conceptual designs to agreed well objectives
• Refine selected well concepts to achieve an executable and AFE level (CP4) costed well design
• Provide input into the AFE sanction process and input to other internal and external approvals
• Develop comparative risk assessments of well concepts during Select work phases
• Exhibit safe behaviors at all times when on company property and/or on company business
• Comply with all SSHE policies and standards
• Apply the SSHE Management System as appropriate to the relevant area of the business
• Comply with Company’s Well Design and Operations Management Standards, Statutory Regulations and Industry Guidance Notes.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• B.S. degree in engineering or related technical field
• Experience in deep water drilling operations if filling a deep water drilling engineering position
• Able to effectively organize and communicate thoughts
• Experience with well design software as well as Microsoft applications
• Read, write and speak fluent English
• Industry experience with well planning and execution