Supervises a team of electrical engineers who design, develop, and test all aspects of electrical components, equipment, and machinery. Applies principles and techniques of electrical engineering to accomplish goals. May work with other engineering teams to increase efficiency, production quality, and volume. May require a bachelor’s degree of electrical engineering or its equivalent. Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements. Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team’s goals, objectives, and procedures. Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues. In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to Level 1 and 2 tasks and responsibilities, a Level 3:
• May work with other engineering teams to increase efficiency, production quality, and volume.
• Provide mentoring and guidance to lower level Electrical Leads.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
• Broad and extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
• Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications
Electrical Lead III will function as ELPG Advisor, supporting UNM Electrical maintenance/Installation activities across UN locations.